- Ph. D. Student in Computer Science and Network at TELECOM ParisTech (ENST – Télécom Paris) from 2007
- Diplôme d’Igénieur, equivalent of Master Degree, Paris XI University - 2006
- Bachelor of Engineering of electronics & electrical engineering – Hochiminh City University of Technology - 2004
June 2006 - March 2010
Participated in two projects founded by French National Agency by Research
Situated Ubiquitous Network (SUN) Project:
- Study and design a middleware for the Radio Frequency Identification (RFID).
- Design and implement IP-Based RFID architecture to support the location management.
- Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)-based implementation for the location management based on RFID
Mobility, Multi-technology, and Multi-homing (3MING) Project:
- Study and design the interface selection algorithm for the multi-homed mobile terminal, i.e multi-interface mobile terminals.
- Used game theory for modeling multi_homed mobile terminals.
- Designed mobility management protocol for the multi-homed mobile terminal (e.g, MIPv6, mSCTP, LIN6, HIP ...).
Studied and tested the performance evalution of the generic signalization protocols
- The General Internet Signaling Transport (GIST) developed by the IETF.
- The Generic signaling Service Protocol (GISP) developed by TELECOM ParisTech.
Implemented a VoIP system using SIP protocol on Linux
June 2004 - March 2005
Internship at TechWare Company (France)
- Network Administrator (more than100 users).
- Implemented a Mail Server using Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Server 2003.
- Implemented VLANs system using Cisco Switches .
- Implemented firewall system using Cisco devices and Linux.
June 2002 - Mars 2003
Internship at VinaPhone (Vietnam)
- Studied of the GSM system
- Worked at a MSC of VinaPhone
- Backup client databases.
Academic Researches and Publications
- An Utility-based Interface Selection Scheme for Multi-homed Mobile Terminals, P.N. Tran and N. Boukhatem, Proceeding of the 20th IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications Conference(PIMRC), TokyO ( Japan) , September, 2009.
- On Performance Evaluation of a Generic IP Signaling, N. Boukhatem, P.N. Tran and T.T. Luu, "”, Proceeding of The 6th IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC), Las Vegas (USA), January, 2009.
- Comparison of MADM Decision Algorithms for Interface Selection in Heterogeneous Wireless Networks, P.N. Tran and N. Boukhatem, Proceeding of the IEEE International Conference on Software, Telecommunications and Computer Networks (SoftCOM), Split (Croatia), September 2008.
- Extension of multiple care-of-address registration to support host Multihoming, P.N. Tran and N. Boukhatem, Proceeding of the IEEE International Conference on Information Networking (ICOIN). Busan (Korea), January, 2008 On page(s): 1-4.
- The distance to the ideal alternative (DiA) algorithm for Interface Selection in Heterogeneous Wireless Networks, P.N. Tran and N. Boukhatem, Proceeding of the 6-th ACM International Workshop on Mobility Management and Wireless Access (MobiWac), Vancouver (Canada), October, 2008.
- IP-based RFID architecture and location management, P.N. Tran and N. Boukhatem, Proceeding of the IEEE International Conference on Software, Telecommunications and Computer Networks (SoftCOM), Split (Croatia), September 2008.
- SiPiA: The Shortest Distance to Positive Ideal Attribute for Interface Selection, P.N. Tran and N. Boukhatem, Proceeding of the IEEE Astralisian Telecom Networks and application conference (ATNAC), Adelaide (Australia), December 2008.