This family comprises of about 400 representative indices, including Tradable and sector indexes, calculated in Price and Total return versions and converted into 4 different major currencies: VND, USD, EUR and JPY. They are historically reconstructed since 2008.
VNX INDEXES FAMILY BRINGS TO INVESTORS
- A measure coherent with international standards that reflects Vietnam index performance
- Information with high transparence about how the index family is designed, selected and managed day to day
- Complete index data available for the investors research
- Tradable indexes that can serve as basis for structured products and other index-linked investment vehicles as response to the development of the Vietnam market
- This family proposes Benchmark indexes for giving a good measure of the total market evolution, Blue Chips indexes for building products and trading the basket easily, Sectors indexes for specialized sectors.
- The primary indexes are calculated in the Prices and Total Return versions. Each index is available in four currencies: EUR, JPY, USD and VND.
- The benchmark Indexes is designed in order to have the global performance of the VietNam stocks, and in each particular market (Ho chi Minh Stock Exchange, and the Ha Noi Stock Exchange).
- Also the VNX 300 Index will have 3 sub indices that divide the market in three groups in term of capitalization: Large, Mid and Small capitalizations.
- The design of these indices is described as following:
VNX 300 index
- Universe : All shares listed on the two markets HOSE and HNX (over 700 stocks) are eligible.
- Selection : The 300 largest companies in term of the capitalization are determined as it focuses on the liquid stocks (excluding stocks having less 10% of annual velocity or 50% of trading days)
VNX HSX index
The Ho Chi Minh stocks in the VNX 300 sample constitute the VNX HSX index
VNX HNX index
The Ha Noi stocks in the VNX 300 sample constitute the VNX HNX index
VNX Large 50 index
From the sample of the 300 constituents of VNX 300, the 50 leading stocks in term of capitalization are selected and will represent the VNX Large 50 index.
VNX Mid 100 index
The VNX Mid 100 index comprises the 100 next-largest capitalizations after the 50 largest stocks that make up the VNX Large 50 index.
VNX Small 150 index
The VNX Small 150 index is made up of the remaining 150 smallest capitalizations in the VNX 300 index.
VNX Large & Mid 150 index
The VNX Large & Mid 150 index is composed by the stocks belonging the VNX Large 50 and VNX Mid 100 indexes.
VNX Mid & Small 250 index
The VNX Mid & Small 250 index is composed by the stocks belonging the VNX Mid 100 and VNX Small 150 indexes.
INDUSTRY & SECTOR INDEXES
- After 10 years of trading, the VietNam stock market has now more than 700 listed stocks present in different industries and sectors.
- VNX Industries indexes comprehend 10 main industries: VNX Oil &Gas, VNX Basic Materials, VNX Industrials, VNX Consumer & Goods, VNX Health Care, VNX Consumer & Service, VNX Technology, VNX Financials, VNX Utilities, VNX Banks.
- In addition, 1 Super sector is calculated: VNX Real Estate.
- Tradable indexes are created respecting all the necessary international standards in purpose to be served as underlying instrument for the derivatives and other structured products.
- Stocks are weighted according to their free float market capitalization with a maximum weight of 15% per stock.
VNX 50 index
The Blue chips VNX 50 index consists of 50 highest ranking stocks in term of free float capitalization and daily turnover average. The index reflects in the performance of the most representative stocks of the two markets HSX and HNX.
- Universe : The VNX Large & Mid 150 index
- Selection : These 150 stocks are ranked by the turnover average over the last 12 months and the free float adjusted capitalization. The first 50 combined ranked companies become the components of the VNX 50 index.
VNX 25 index
The Blue chips VNX 25 index consists of 25 highest ranking stocks in term of free float capitalization and turnover of the VNX Large 50 index sample.
Strategy indexes are developed in adapting some performant portfolio strategies in purpose to be served as underlying instrument for the derivatives and other structured products.
IFRC INDEXES launches VNX 25 High Dividend, VNX 25 Low Volatility, VNX 25 Equal Weighted, VNX 50 Equal Weighted, Women CEO Benchmark, Women CEO Top 10, Women CEO Top 25, PVN Plus 10, VNX Leaders 10, VNX Group Coal & Mineral, VNX Group Electricity, VNX Group Electricity Tradable, VNX Group Oil and VNX Group Telecom indexes.